Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Ralph McQuarrie, RIP

I am a little behind the curve in finding out, but concept artist Ralph McQuarrie, has died, he was 82 years old.  More details can be found here at his official web site. If you wish to see larger samples of his art you can go here.

I cannot stress enough how important this man's contribution to science fiction was.  He helped to shape the look of Star Wars, and with his art he helped George Lucas sell the film to 20th Century Fox.  I feel he inspired many artists that followed in his wake who work in film, television, comic books and video games.  Science fiction fans owe the man a great deal and I greatly appreciate his magnificent artistic talent and efforts on all our behalves.  I offer my sincerest condolences to his family.

No comments:

Post a Comment