Thursday, November 17, 2011

Song of the week

Batman and Robin is an abomination, a horrible film that was the creation of Joel Schumacher's "creative genius" and Warner Brothers merchandising greed (And while I have often complained about Joel's hatchet job on the film he cannot take all the blame.  Directors are employees of both producers and the studio system, so anything Joel did the studio either approved of or made him do.).  Despite Chris Sims' impassioned and amusing review nothing can convince me this movie is anything but an utter waste of two hours of my time.  True story: I saw this movie at the dollar theater at my brother Jon's insistence (and I paid him back by making him see Battlefield Earth with me. Vengeance is mine!) and we went with a bunch of our friends.  When the film let out Herb Harris had this expression on his face I can imagine survivors of the bombing of Dresden must have shared. He turned to us and said, "I feel so...used."

So the film is as bad as modern film making can be with a terrible script, bad acting, and horrific direction.   All that being said, it has an awesome Smashing Pumpkins song on the soundtrack.  And now some super genius has married this song with scenes from Nolan's two Batman films:



Brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment