Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Song of the Week, other stuff

Hey, look at that; I've got a tenth follower!  Welcome!

...

Damn, that makes me feel obligated to, you know, write something RPG related.  I am working on something but it probably won't be up 'til after the holidays.  In the mean time I realized that where Song of The Week is concerned I haven't posted any Tori Amos outside of her doing a cover of Kate Bush.

Tori Amos is one of those performers who was, in a way, cursed with starting out with the perfect album (Y Kant Tori Read does not count.  Why? Because I said so, that's why.).  Little Earthquakes is a masterpiece and I rank it up there with the likes of Kate Bush's Hounds of Love.  The problem is everything Tori did after that, to my ears, at least, simply does not measure up.  I like some of her songs here and there but overall I think Tori really nailed it on Little Earthquakes in a way she never quite did later on.

Okay, now this could just be a situation where a musical performer has gone to places I simply do not wish to follow.  I was never a fan of Prince's work, post Purple Rain.  And as much as it pains me to admit it, I am not digging Kate Bush's new material.  It happens.  So it could be that creatively Tori is still spot on and I am not hearing it.

Anyway, I think my favorite song off the album is Tear In Your Hand:


No comments:

Post a Comment