Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Song of the week

So I had been working on this one article and almost had it done, when I got sidetracked by this other article.  And then I had in mind a third.  When all was said and done I now have three articles, all in various stages of completion...and none were ready by Saturday.  So hopefully one of them will get done in a few days.

In the mean time, Bob Welch, Ebony Eyes.



I knew next to nothing about this guy so I decided to look him up.  Turns out he was a member of Fleetwood Mac.  It also turns out Fleetwood Mac has had as impressive a line up change as Pink Floyd's and and Welch was with the band before it's most successful era, when Lindsay Buckingham and Stevie Nicks had come on board (If I am reading the Wikipedia article right it means Buckingham had been with the band earlier and left, then returned with his then girlfriend).  Welch was not inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame with the band and I think that is a crime, considering he had been with the band for three years, wrote songs for them, appeared on three albums.  The man got screwed.  Then again, this is the same organization that has yet to induct Rush so I suppose I should not be surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment