Saturday, August 20, 2011

Song of the week

I thought I would go a little old school this week.  During the early eighties my exposure to music was greatly expanded by Mtv.  To the youngsters out there, back then Mtv showed music videos all the time.  Alternative programming was nonexistent and they had to show whatever they could get their hands on.  For this reason the airplay was pretty amazingly eclectic, from early rap to heavy metal to alternative to classic rock.  I had no idea a lot of these bands existed, and when I heard a song I had heard before I was able to actually discover the artist from the information Mtv provided in the lower left corner of the screen.  Through Mtv I became a huge fan of acts like Van Halen and Queen.

Anyway, The Who's You Better You Bet was one of my favorite songs.  Sadly I could not find an original version of the video I liked, but musically I thought this one sounded the best:

No comments:

Post a Comment